National Self-Improvement Month is this month, giving us all an opportunity to look at how satisfied we are with ourselves and to commit to taking the time to improve our lives and become the person we dream of being.
Set aside time throughout September to revamp your physical, mental and emotional bodies. Only YOU have the power to make the choices that will help you feel better about yourself and your life.
There are lots of ways you can do this, but here are 15 ideas to get you through the month. Sample each one for a couple days, or pick a few, or even just one, and start to make them part of your daily routine. The most important thing is just to take that first step and then try everyday to commit time to skyrocket yourself to your highest potential.
Remember, the power is in your hands, so whatever YOU choose will be the right choice for you.
1. Prioritize sleep (and your sleepwear!)
2. Meditate to learn how to think and worry less
(I'm loving the app Waking Up with Sam Harris)
3. Write in a journal
4. Plan healthy meals
5. Declutter and decorate your home
6. Observe the natural world and your place in it
7. Make a vision board of your dream life
8. Commit to a regular exercise routine
9. Assess any unhealthy habits and break them
10. Open up to family and friends about problems or concerns you have
11. Focus on what is most important
(you can decide what's most important to YOU!)
12. Work on forgiveness, of yourself and others
(let go of the past to make room for the future)
13. Volunteer to help someone in need
14. Do less. Accept that it's ok not to be able to do it all, all of the time
15. See a specialist for any health concerns
BONUS TIP Soothe yourself with a healing treatment like massage, facial, acupuncture or Reiki. Be open to trying something new!
Have a lovely month and take care of your beautiful selves, everyone!